Old 24-01-2006, 01:23 AM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Tom J "Lauren" wrote in message

"Tom J"
wrote in message
ink.net...

"Lauren"
wrote in message
Are you sure it's a fungus and not scale?

No matter which it is, wouldn't a stem taken to the local nursey
get the proper fungiside/insecticide to treat the problem?

Tom J

Not necessarily. The local nursery could be a Lowe's or Wal*Mart.
Remember, the OP is in Tennessee.

There is a guy in the nursery at the Lowe's near me that is very
knowledgeable, although I know that's not always the case. There is a
private nursery across the highway from them that doesn't have anyone
that knows squat.

Tom J

amber i dont know if this is going to help any but could it be that your forsythia has crown gall growing on the branch areas and that its not a fungus at all.
maybe take a peek here and see if this is what it is
http://www.homestore.com/HomeGarden/...?poe=homestore
good luck, sockiescat.