Old 24-01-2006, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default HAIR ALGAE TREATMENT - links to black soot algae = Gill = pics

In article , Koi-lo Do Not Reply wrote:
They're starving to death. Feed them. Nitrates and phospahtes and K, oh
my!

=============================================== =
I am feeding them. I'm using Flourish and Flourish with Iron plus two other
products. It's not making much difference. Nitrates? I have a reading in
that tank of 20 ppm nitrate all the time. I stays pretty stable. The
fertilizers supposed to contain P&K. I'm not doing anything different than
I've done in the past. I can't see why these plants are no longer thriving.

The other tests showed:

Hardness: 300ppm
Alkalinity: 300ppm
PH: 7.8

Well, you could measure a dozen or two levels of various
things or you could just change enough water so you don't have to.

Either not enough of a certain nutrient or too much of some waste is almost
certainly your problem.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net