Old 26-01-2006, 07:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Pat Brennan

Default L. gilhanii

Hi Chris,

I use old dot matrix printers. Printing the barcode is not the issue,
reading it is. I know at least some scanners can read it. For labeling,
the printer or labeling system is not really the issue, it is the ink they
use. Nursery ink ribbons are available for many of the dot matrix printers.
I do not know if nursery ink is available for ink jet or laser printers.

Pat

"?" wrote in message
rg...
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:30:18 -0500 in
Steve wrote:
Reka wrote:
In article ,
says...
~Anyone heard of L. gilhanii? As in Cattleya (L.gilhanii x S. coccinea)
~Slc. Hazel Boyd?
~--
~
Never mind, I found it. It's ghillanyii. I love it when vendors
misspell...

Actually, it's ghillanyi. I hope you use pencil on your tags. ;-)

Speaking of tags.
Does anyone use a label maker for tagging?
Anyone have recommendations on ones that can be attached to a PC
and can print barcodes?

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil