Old 26-01-2006, 08:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Default L. gilhanii

Anyone heard of L. gilhanii? As in Cattleya (L.gilhanii x S. coccinea) x
Slc. Hazel Boyd?
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 26-01-2006, 07:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Pat Brennan

Hi Chris,

I use old dot matrix printers. Printing the barcode is not the issue,
reading it is. I know at least some scanners can read it. For labeling,
the printer or labeling system is not really the issue, it is the ink they
use. Nursery ink ribbons are available for many of the dot matrix printers.
I do not know if nursery ink is available for ink jet or laser printers.

Pat

"?" wrote in message
rg...
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:30:18 -0500 in
Steve wrote:
Reka wrote:
In article ,
says...
~Anyone heard of L. gilhanii? As in Cattleya (L.gilhanii x S. coccinea)
~Slc. Hazel Boyd?
~--
~
Never mind, I found it. It's ghillanyii. I love it when vendors
misspell...

Actually, it's ghillanyi. I hope you use pencil on your tags. ;-)

Speaking of tags.
Does anyone use a label maker for tagging?
Anyone have recommendations on ones that can be attached to a PC
and can print barcodes?

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

Old 26-01-2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default L. gilhanii - on to label makers.

Yep. I use a P-Touch 2500pc that I've had for a while. It connects via the
serial port, which basically has no other use any more!

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:38:24 GMT, ?
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:30:18 -0500 in
Steve wrote:
Reka wrote:
In article ,
says...
~Anyone heard of L. gilhanii? As in Cattleya (L.gilhanii x S. coccinea)
~Slc. Hazel Boyd?
~--
~
Never mind, I found it. It's ghillanyii. I love it when vendors
misspell...

Actually, it's ghillanyi. I hope you use pencil on your tags. ;-)

Speaking of tags.
Does anyone use a label maker for tagging?
Anyone have recommendations on ones that can be attached to a PC
and can print barcodes?

Your Brother P-Touch can do both. We use it.
We have tried to destroy the labels. The only thing that I have found
is they can be peeled off IF an edge or point is left not stuck down
or over an edge.
http://www.brotherlabeltape.com/pt2600info.htm
I think this is the one - but check them all out.
John works off the Access database and has bar coded all our plants.
SuE

Old 26-01-2006, 11:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea

My P-Touch2600 has USB connection to the PC and prints fantastic labels. The
plastic label you put it on disintegrates before the P-T label does. The
only drawback is the price of the cartridges when you're printing a lot. I
found the best price on cartridges at Databazaar - I think it's about $11
instead of the $17-19 at the local office supply superstores.
Gary

wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:30:18 -0500 in
Steve wrote:
Reka wrote:
In article ,
says...

Old 27-01-2006, 07:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Steve wrote in :

Actually, it's ghillanyi. I hope you use pencil on your tags. ;-)

No tag, not my plant. Just looking and lusting.

Reka
Old 27-01-2006, 01:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve

Reka wrote:
Steve wrote in :

Actually, it's ghillanyi. I hope you use pencil on your tags. ;-)

No tag, not my plant. Just looking and lusting.

Reka

Ah.

Old 28-01-2006, 02:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
?

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:09:00 -0700 in Susan Erickson wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:38:24 GMT, ?
wrote:

Speaking of tags.
Does anyone use a label maker for tagging?
Anyone have recommendations on ones that can be attached to a PC
and can print barcodes?

Your Brother P-Touch can do both. We use it.
We have tried to destroy the labels. The only thing that I have found
is they can be peeled off IF an edge or point is left not stuck down
or over an edge.
http://www.brotherlabeltape.com/pt2600info.htm
I think this is the one - but check them all out.
John works off the Access database and has bar coded all our plants.

Alas, no Linux support I can find right now.
Fortunately, best buy's return policy makes this a non-issue to
go testing.

Old 29-01-2006, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Phil Diamond

Isn't it either Hoffmansigella ghillanyi, or Hadrolaelia?
Both of which are so much less euphonius than plain old,
familiar Laelia. Unless the DNA mafia has put it into
Sophronitis.

Cheers, Phil
--
Dr Phil Diamond