Old 27-01-2006, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
V_coerulea

Default Woodlice Eating Strawberries???

I like to eat too. So in between fertilizing the orchids I throw in a few
vegetable plants and pull some weeds. It helps that I have a helpful and
very supportive wife for both endeavors.
Gary

"Steve" wrote in message
V_coerulea wrote:

More than likely, the strawberry was damaged by a slug, snail, or bird
and the woodlice just found a cozy moist home ready made. Use row cover
or bird netting for the birds and beer for the snails &slugs and see if
the problem doesn't clear up.
Gary

Good advice Gary, that's what I was thinking too.

Steve
PS I'm surprised to find you over here. I'm used to seeing you on the
orchid groups. :-)