Old 28-01-2006, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default winter jasmine

The message
from "Charlie Pridham" contains these words:

"Garden Oasis" wrote in message
ups.com...
Winter Jasmine or Jasminum nudiflorum originates from China so is used
to cold weather. It can grow to 10ft so should be planted against a
wall or fence and given support. snip

and the rest there is one in this village covering the west elevation of a
house, its at least 20' (waste of a good wall IMO)

I had to cut mine down to the ground and keep them trimmed to a foot or
so as they were keeping the brickwork damp, and as there's no cavity in
this old flint, brick and clay-lump cottage, that's bad news.

I'm growing vines along the wall instead, (South-facing, red brick on a
flint base) but they'll be on stretched cables, not held to the
brickwork.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig