Old 29-01-2006, 06:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
freemont

Default Tomato Rootstck

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:11:41 -0500, Steve wrote:

freemont wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:52:01 -0800, clevermonkey wrote:

I read in a seed catalog about tomato rootstock. What is it?

http://tinyurl.com/auxul

1) I didn't know you could search Google that way. I'll have to remember
that trick.

2) All that explains what a rootstock is but what on earth is a tomato
rootstock? Did someone actually develop a variety of tomato that needs to
be grafted??

Steve

Sounds like a bareroot to me- you get a root with a stem sticking out of
it, and you stick it into some dirt, and the stem makes a plant. I grew my
tarragon this way. Never heard of growing tomatoes like this, but who
knows?

--
"Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
¯`ˇ.¸¸.ˇ´¯`ˇ- freemontŠ -ˇ´¯`ˇ.¸¸.ˇ´¯