Old 29-01-2006, 12:56 PM
jay jay jay jay is offline
Registered User

Location: south west france

[quote=jay jay] Hi, here's my update on the black sunflower seeds - I bought a huge bag for six euros and they have proved incredibly popular. We now have goldfinches (the first ones I've seen since we first came here three years ago), hawfinches and so far one lone starling coming to feed along with all the others. Took no time at all for the goldfinches to arrive, but the starling and hawfinch have only arrived this weekend, when the garden has been covered in snow. The goldfinches are a bit argumentative (can't wait to hear them sing though), but the rest seem to get along fine. So many thanks p.mc!