Old 17-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Registered User

Location: leeds
Smile

when the food dosen't get eaten too quickly from my feeders I put some dried meal worms etc. in this encourages a wider range of birds to feed, especially robins and wrens. the food soon gets eaten, so prehaps you could change the food mix.

Fiona
Old 18-01-2006, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Persuading the birds to eat the food I put out...

BAC wrote:

Why is it a problem if birds do not eat food put out for them? Isn't that
perhaps an indication that there is sufficient natural food available for
them, which, if so, surely has to be a good thing? Unless it's my fruit or
seedlings they're after, of course :-)

Why do you always say what I think?! Again?! I've just came back from
another froup and they're all going mad about "should we soak the bread
in water?" "no NO the poor baby birds will suffocate" etc. There's
enough food stuff for the birds out there. I've never bothered - except
my son put some hamster food out once and the birds liked it )

Here check this, it's really nice. There's sound on it too ...
http://muriel.bernard.free.fr/araignee.htm

Old 29-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Registered User

Location: south west france

[quote=jay jay] Hi, here's my update on the black sunflower seeds - I bought a huge bag for six euros and they have proved incredibly popular. We now have goldfinches (the first ones I've seen since we first came here three years ago), hawfinches and so far one lone starling coming to feed along with all the others. Took no time at all for the goldfinches to arrive, but the starling and hawfinch have only arrived this weekend, when the garden has been covered in snow. The goldfinches are a bit argumentative (can't wait to hear them sing though), but the rest seem to get along fine. So many thanks p.mc!