Old 30-01-2006, 12:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
simy1

Default Persimmon Recommendation for Fort Worth, Tx ?

wildbill wrote:
My wife is wanting to plant a persimmon. She is looking for a variety
that is sweet as well as bug and disease resistant. Also we are not
sure about planting location, shade, full-sun, etc.

Any suggestions, recommendations, help are appreciated.

Bill W

Obviously you will prefer a japanese (khaki) persimmon. They are all
sweet,
and one of the few fruits that does well without spray. It is best
adapted to Zone 8
which is your zone. The only doubt I have is whether it will take the
100 degrees
summer heat. If it does, you will be all set. I suggest you call a
vendor (such
as Edible Landscaping) and go with what they think is most
heat-resistant.