Old 29-01-2006, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Loot List!

Road trip to Miami yesterday! (Miami International Orchid Festival, chaired
by Martin Motes.) Around 30 vendors and terrific floor displays. I met our
very own Doug Mew down there as he was manning a booth, And Kenni was there
as well, though engrossed with customers every time I happened by G

I was very restrained, IMHO. Just 6 plants came home with us. Here's the
list:

Phal. lueddemanniana Can you believe this was $7.50, and in double spike?
The longest one has a keiki. I don't think the end of that one will bloom.
Need info on that plant, but will post a query separately.

Primary hybrid of C. harrisoniae x C. aclandiae
V. Starre Gypsy 'Long Stem' x V. Mitsy Shinsato 'Mary Motes' AM/AOS (this
from Motes, natch)
Sc. Beaufort 'Hartford's Empire' x C. loddigesii in bud with more coming
Slc. (Hazel Boyd x Lc. Chicanery)
Rhy. gigantea in bloom for $20 - I had an alba, but love the color of this
one

Which brings me back to that question about harrisoniana vs. loddigesii. Has
that been settled? Are they separate, or synonyms?

Anyway, it was a good time. It's show time in south FL! Redland Festival in
May and lots of stuff in between now and then.

Diana