Old 30-01-2006, 04:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Marrs

Default Which early tomato?

I agree that Johnnys is also good. I just planted Beaver lodge tomato seed
from Territorial. It is very vigorus and saw light after only 5 days. It is
the newest tomato from Territorial. So far so good.
JEM

"Wild Bill" wrote in message
news

"Jim Marrs" wrote in message
Territorial Seed Company out of Oregon has many seeds especially grown
for cool weather. It has the best overall catalog for overall information
bar none. Check it out :
http://www.territorial-seed.com/stores/1/index.cfm

Yes, Territorial is excellent, and their service is lightning fast as
well. Johnny's is right up there with Territorial in the information
department, however. For reasonalbly priced seed along with great service,
it's hard to beat Pinetree!

Regards,
Bill

JEM
"Wild Bill" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
I've never grown any of the so-called "early" tomatoes, but my current
garden would be a good place for one of them. I'm in zone 5, upstate
NY. I'm interested in recommended varieties from anyone who's had
consistently good results from certain varieties.

Out here in the wilds of Washington State, zone 6, the earliest I can
coax a tomato to ripen is around July 8 each year. Stupice and Oregon
Spring are the best early performers for me. Tomato Grower's Supply has
a really good selection of early tomatoes.

Regards,
Bill