Old 30-01-2006, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Death of Christopher Lloyd

On 30/1/06 10:04, in article
, "Des Higgins"
wrote:
snip
bugger;
I always wanted to visit Dixter and just never got round to it. His column
in the Grauniad was excellent. I have one amazing picture book about Great
Dixter by him published by DK that looks like a shallow coffee table thing
but the pictures are brilliant and the text gives long lists of varieties
and tips.

It's to be hoped the garden continues to be in his vision of it, though.
We're hoping to go there later this year. He was clearly getting very frail
because he gave up his Country Life column about two months ago and he'd
been writing that for donkey's years. I discovered yesterday that someone
working here was friendly with a good friend of his who died just before
Christmas and he was too frail to go to her funeral. So I think those who
knew him realised that he was not going to go on for a lot longer, sadly.
His nephew is going to be living there (Chris Lloyd) and it seems as if
Fergus plans to remain so fingers crossed.......
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk