Old 30-01-2006, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jennifer Sparkes

Default Death of Christopher Lloyd

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

It's to be hoped the garden continues to be in his vision of it, though.
We're hoping to go there later this year. He was clearly getting very frail
because he gave up his Country Life column about two months ago and he'd
been writing that for donkey's years. I discovered yesterday that someone
working here was friendly with a good friend of his who died just before
Christmas and he was too frail to go to her funeral. So I think those who
knew him realised that he was not going to go on for a lot longer, sadly.
His nephew is going to be living there (Chris Lloyd) and it seems as if
Fergus plans to remain so fingers crossed.......
--

Apologises for copying what I posted in sad news:-

"I worked for him for a few weeks one a summer vacation
when I was at horticultural college. ... 1958!

I agree Charlie he did come across as one would imagine.

Sad news indeed"

I am planning to go to East Sussex in May and will include
a visit to Great Dixter and see what is happening.

I do hope he had all the arrangements sorted, it is such a
wonderful garden.

Jennifer