Old 30-01-2006, 10:20 PM
linette linette is offline
Registered User

Default why shouldn't you prune if frost forecast?

just mulling over the scientific reasons why you shouldn't prune hardy shrubs when frost is forecast...

have been 'brought up' to avoid pruning in very cold weather and this does instinctively feel right, but anyone have any clues as to why?

I would guess that the cells on the exposed cuts could be damaged by low temperatures, therefore encouraging nasty wounds etc etc - but been a while since I did all that at college, anyone remember the reasons?