Old 31-01-2006, 01:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Default Phal. lueddemanniana

Yes, it seems that species Phals don't like that temp change so much. As far
as mounting, I do water them more often, but they seem to acclimatize
themselves to less water after a while. Maybe they think they are living in
the wild, LOL! Of course, in my collection, *the wild* often applies.....

Diana

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
Pretty much standard but I don't let the temp drop on them like the
hybrids. I haven't had the nerve to try any mounted since I killed a nice
Phal minus on cork. Couldn't keep it moist enough.
Gary

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks, Gary. Pretty much standard Phal care then, aside from hanging it
sideways. I do that with some Phals now, and also have some mounted. No
crown rot, ever.....

Diana