Old 31-01-2006, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
RobinM

Default Moss to Meadow?

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:52:49 GMT, "Travis M."
wrote:

"Tizzi" wrote in message
roups.com
My lawn is heavily infested with moss. I've used weed, feed &
mosskiller products for a couple of years on it, to no avail.
It has
been suggested to me that I should turn it into a wild flower
meadow as I'm not succeeding in turning it into a bowling
green.
Will it work?

Moss thrives in damp shady areas. Let more sun in and fix the
drainage.

Moss also requires an acid soil, so you probably need to do a soil
test and fix the pH levels in your soil first.

Robin - who has moss and trillium growing in my back yard, and I love
it!
Alexandria, VA