Old 31-01-2006, 03:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

Default Phal. lueddemanniana

(This means that TMK cyms drop buds when night temps are high, like in the
60 and Phals drop buds when night temps are low, like in the mid 60s. One
group considers the mid 60s too high and the other considers it too low. I
confuse even myself.)

"Al" wrote in message
All the cymbidiums I ever met dropped their buds when night temps got into
the lower to mid 60 and the Phals I know drop their buds when the night
temps get lower than the mid 60s. But I have not tried cymbidiums in many
many years. Maybe their attitude has improved in the ensuing decades since
I first tried them. I know there must be some warmth tolerant hybrids out
there now.