Old 31-01-2006, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Craddock

Default Centre piece suggestion please

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from Broadback contains these words:

Any ideas as to what to place in the middle of a 12 foot diameter
round
bed. It needs to be rabbit resistant, I would like a bit of a wow
factor and interest all year round. The bed is in full sun.

A good cat - they like full sun. If you get a white one. you can dye
it
any colour you like.

If you have a rabbit problem, a really mean *bad* cat might be more
useful.
There's a similar bed to yours in the village near us. They have
something I've not seen before - a fairly compact form of Magnolia
soulangeana with large Agapanthus close planted all round it, a fairly
unlikely combination but it looks quite good.

--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.