Old 31-01-2006, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Centre piece suggestion please

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
Any ideas as to what to place in the middle of a 12 foot diameter
round bed. It needs to be rabbit resistant, I would like a bit of a
wow factor and interest all year round. The bed is in full sun.

I don't know about the rabbit resistance, but you could consider a
coppiced Paulownia. Of course that doesn't give you any winter
interest.

An arbutus, perhaps? A very interesting tree which can get more
"architectural" with age, and not many of the neighbours will have one!
Reading University had a nice one, sheltered, IIRC, only slightly from
the north.

--
Mike.