Old 31-01-2006, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Lawn Joy

weedkiller wrote:
[...]
with some help on but will start with my lawn 'problem'. Please see
picture attached, what is this wee weed and how do I get rid of it as
it is taking over a small part of my lawn and not allowing grass to
grow.

[...]

Gosh! I can't tell from the photo, but it looks rather like good old
daisies: for me, no lawn is any good if it doesn't have a lot of them.
If it does need killing off, the local DIY shed will have weed-and-feed
stuff: the instructions on the packet should tell you not to do it for a
few weeks yet.

Welcome to the wonderful world of gardening, Keith. I hope it'll turn
into a bit of a hobby, not just another responsibility. We love
questions here. You can get to us direct by finding Google Groups, then
searching for uk.rec.gardening. Or you may have access to a "Usenet
newsreader" -- we can advise on that, too.

--
Mike.