Old 01-02-2006, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Indoor HYACINTHS: what to do with them now

John wrote:
We have some hyacinths which we had indoors over Christmas: they're
now wilting quietly in the utility room awaiting their fate. In the
past we have simply stuck 'em in the garden and hoped for the best.
This year I'd like to do what's _best_ for them: what advice does the
panel have?

They never recover fully for me, so the choice is always to do what you
do or chuck them away. Good well-drained soil with lots of composty
stuff will keep them going. I'd try to keep the ones you've got growing
in good light till the middle of March or thereabouts before planting
out: if they're badly wilted already the prognosis may be poor.

--
Mike.