Old 01-02-2006, 11:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kye

Default bee polination

As a third generation Apiarist (Bee-keeper) with over 10,000 hives in the
family biusiness might I suggest that you :

a) stop referring to them as "families" which is a grossly inappropriate
biological term for a hive

b) stop referring to them as a recent acquisition and offer free to a few
farms near you for a few years till you get experience. Primary Producers
need to have confidence in your abilities, this is their livelihood you are
dabbling with.

c) advertise what form/breed of bee you have, eg. caucasians, italians etc

and

d) try an orchards (fruit growers) group NOT the local ORCHID (pretty
flowers we love that bees mostly cannot pollinate) group.

Kye.

"daniela" wrote in message
lkaboutgardening.com...
recently we got about 160 families of bees, I could offer them for
polination in south florida. Any farmers in need of it?