Old 02-02-2006, 01:28 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Default Can any one identify this plant

HailtotheDuck wrote:

I have the same plant, but no idea what it is. I'm hoping someone can
identify it for us. Your description is spot on, there's nothing useful
I can think of to add, except that it's a weird looking critter and it
doesn't look edible to me.

I'll get a photo and post it, if I can work out how to do it...

Jonno wrote:

Chookie wrote:

In article ,
Jonno wrote:

Can any one identify this plant. Its about a foot tall. Orange bead
like fruit and looks as if its edible. I live in Melbourne.

We have quite a few growing in out in our place and wonder how its
spreads, if its edible

We need a bit more detail, or a photo posted to a website.

Its basically a stalk, with smallish grape like orange fruit (4
inches along top of stalk (1 inch in diameter) on it. I tried
uploading the picture but it wont accept it here it seems.

Had another look and the "fruit" stem whare it attaches to the stem is
ofset a few degrees ie a slight angle. The orange beads are in a cluster
about 3/8 of an inch 0r 10 mm in diameter each. The beads seperate and
looks like theyre attractive to birds. (possibly expains the fact
theyre all over the place. Very ripe at this time of year, so are the
birds. Carwash here we come again...