Old 02-02-2006, 04:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne

Default growing tomatos from seed

If they don't get enough light they get "leggy" and after they are about 4 -
6 inches tall, they fall over. Otherwise they might be dampening off. I
don't know what causes it for sure, but I think it is too much watering.
They just get very small stemmed when the stem enters the dirt and they fall
over.

If it is warm enough where you are, take them outside during the day.
Otherwise put them inside where they can get some sunlight (like in front of
a glass door on the south side of the house). You might hang a light about
4 - 6 inches from the tops of the little plants also.

Dwayne

"Seth" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have started growing some Big whoopers http://www.parkseed.com from
seed. I got their biodome and everything is going pretty good. The
plants are getting about 2" tall the problem is that they are falling
over, they seem really weak in the structure sense but other than that
they seem to look green and have two big leave. I think I am suppose
to repot them at 4 leaves but I could be wrong.

Thanks
Seth