Old 02-02-2006, 01:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bill

Default bee polination

Hi All, In a moment of reflection I have decided to defend the "bee
person" : Perhaps she does not know what havoc bees would create in a
Cattleya green house. Next, perhaps she does know how beneficial they
would be to an orange grove. Perhaps she thinks oranges are grown in
"orchards" & simply mis-spelled orchards to orchids. I have had people
come to my sales booths at shows & refer to the orchid plants as
orchards so------ ????? However I can assure her that "Orchid Farmers"
{they are crops after all}, do not want or need bees buzzing around
their green houses {read: shade houses in Fl.} However in the event
that she decides to enter a dance contest, my earlier suggestion would
be helpful. G Good Growing {sans bees}, Bill