Old 02-02-2006, 06:07 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles
Default Propagating Echium Pinninana from seed

E. Pinninana is more tender than I would normally bother with in my garden 400ft up on the windy Chiltern plateau, especially on the evidence of a green-fingered friend on the Somerset Levels losing his to frost (he bought the plants in Scilly). But my brother put them out in his garden in a small town in Leicestershire, where the daffs come out about 2 or 3 weeks later than Severnside Somerset. They overwintered and flowered last summer to everyone's amazement, no special treatment or precautions used, though admittedly it was a rather sheltered village-centre location. I've collected some seeds from his plants, in the hope that these have unusually hardy genes.

So now what do I do with the seeds?