Old 03-02-2006, 06:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

Default Sun without Sun.

I recall you said you were in Florida. It is rumored there is a local
orchid society on every street corner in Florida. But it is a big state.
There are several people on this newsgroup who are writing from various
parts of Florida. They may even have a local source for shade cloth.

"Erik" wrote in message
Al wrote:
We call it shade cloth in these parts. Here is a link to one possible
solution to your problem.
http://www.usnetting.com/HTML/shade-cloth.html

The type of cloth you need or it's density of weave depends on the type
of orchids you want to grow.

Thanks. I'll look into that.

I might also suggest you find a local orchid society and start showing up
at their meetings. This will not provide shade for your orchids but it
will advance your skills needed to grow and bloom them very quickly

Hm, I'll check. I doubt their is one, but you never know.

Your email address makes me wary

It's just a made up address to avoid getting spam myself.

Thnx for the reply.