Old 03-02-2006, 09:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

Default Sun without Sun.

There is a noticeable difference between alumnet and black plastic shade
cloth with regard to cooling in the summer as you might expect.

I have used it and I do believe it does do what they say it does, warmer in
the winter and cooler in the summer and better light diffusion. It is kind
of netted together so it doesn't run. I had some 10 or 20% that wore out
after about 5 years. It just started to sprinkle apart and little bits of
silver started raining down on everything and eventually it started to tear
in long straight lines. The heavier percentage fabric seems to last a bit
longer.

I am using white plastic shade cloth at the moment and I have not seen as
noticeable a difference between it and the alumnet as I did when I had black
plastic. It is my opinion that plastic will outlast alumnet because I have
not yet reached the age limit of any of my plastic pieces.

When you store shade cloth mice like to live in it and can chew some very
create patchwork holes. Also mouse urine never stops smelling once it has
been absorbed into pltic cloth or almnet.

Buy knitted cloth avoid woven cloth. If knitted tears it will not run or
fray.

"Reka" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
~The budget says my current shadecloth has to stay on till it falls apart,
~but if I ever do replace it, I think I will go with the Aluminet. You
~should be able to find that via Google, but I don't know about minimum
~quantities.
~
Kenni, do you know if Aluminet really keeps the greenhouse cooler? Know
anyone who is using it down there?

:-) I am planning in advance for my greenhouse. :-)

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html