Old 04-02-2006, 01:43 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default When to plant

I grow 'Sequoia' strawberries and they are intermixed with the
wildflowers so they are shaded somewhat when the heat comes. They
bear fruit from late March through end of July. Now, if I can get
some before the little rats, and birds, that would be divine!

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 09:12:11 -0600, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Jonny wrote:
When's the best time to plant:
tomatoes?

Late march and again in late june.

strawberries?

I think these are planted in the fall, but they are marginal at best here.

leaf lettuce?

Now.

jalapeno peppers?

Late march.

spinach?

Now.

If the heat isn't too bad, can I expect more than one growing season for any
listed?

Chiles will keep producing until the first frost. Tomatoes sometimes do
the same, though most folks replant in summer.