Old 05-02-2006, 07:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Johan Larson

Default interior hedge

Hi, folks. I hope I'm dropping into the right newsgroup with this question.

I have an apartment near San Francisco with a big south-facing window. This
window is on the first floor, so everyone on the street can see right in
unless I cover the window somehow. I would like to do so by creating a sort
of interior hedge: a row of tall plants in pots next to the window on the
inside. Ideally, the hedge would be about eight inches thick, and sort of
semi-permeable to light and prying eyes.

What would be appropriate to grow for this purpose? I've looked around a
bit, and bamboo looks quite nice, and it is both fast-growing and hardy
even in the hands of a neophyte.

--
Johan Larson Daly City, California