Old 05-02-2006, 08:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default Manure on lawns

"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net
The other day I watched an episode of Magnum P.I., a television
series that ran in the very early 80s. Magnum P.I. was based
in
Hawaii. Not to get into any specifics but in this episode
Higgens
had ordered a pallet of dried manure to place on the lawn to
increase nitrogen (as he claimed in the show). At the end of
the
show they show him shoveling this manure and throwing it right
onto
the lawn.

Does anyone do this and is this better than the standard weed
and
feed that you get at the local big box store? I'm a bit
curious
as to the properties of manure since I'm thinking of
experimenting
with it as part of my soil mixture in my container garden this
year
but I don't want to add too much.

Manure is better than weed-n-feed.

USDA Zone 8