Old 05-02-2006, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

Default Basket size for ground cover rose Magic Carpet?

I want to grow the ground cover rose Magic Carpet in a hanging basket
(apparently some people do this). But I have no experience of hanging baskets
and am having difficulty deciding what size basket to use. This rose,
although it does not grow tall, does spread out a few feet (or in the case of
a basket, hang down a few feet) and so I'm thinking that is the equivalent
potwise of a bush growing a few feet tall, just arranged differently. My 12'
self-watering plastic basket, sitting unused in a cupboard, doesn't seem like
it will be big enough. A 16" or 18" basket seems better, but they aren't
self-watering. My best idea so far (maybe) is to hang a normal 12" pot inside
the metal ring from a 12" hanging basket if I can cut the latter up and use
the outer ring this way.

If anyone has any experience in this area and/or knows how to do this, do
please let me know!

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)