Old 06-02-2006, 06:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
presley

Default Manure on lawns

I think the reason it is banned in some states is because the concentration
of heavy metals (cadmium) and so forth, is too high for any fertilizer that
might be used for growing vegetables or fruit. Sewage treatment plants are
not set up to separate out the heavy metals which are part of the modern
industrial world - many of which are toxic if they reach the food supply.
Otherwise, treated human waste should be no more dangerous than any other
animal waste.( Not something that you'd spread with your bare hands and then
cook dinner without washing, I hasten to add.......lol.)Untreated human
waste, on the other hand, could transmit various kinds of bacteria,
parasites, and viruses, including hepatitis, amoebas, etc.
"sherwindu" wrote in message
I hear there are some health concerns with Milorganite. It is human fecal
material.
I think it is banned in some states. On Sun, 5 Feb