Old 06-02-2006, 06:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
presley

Default Multicolored butterfly bush?

I don't think this is a variety, but 3 different varieties of butterfly bush
which have been grafted together. They must graft quite low on the bush
though - because butterfly bush often dies back to 1 foot or so in hard
winters.
"Natty Dread" wrote in message
. ..
My landscape guy just planted a butterfly bush in my yard that supposedly
blooms purple, white and yellow. I've never actually seen one and would
like to have an idea of what it will look like in full bloom, but the only
pics I can find online of are single-colored bushes (mostly purple and
pink). Can anyone point me to a Web site that might have a photo of the
multicolored variety? Thanks in advance.

Rhonda
Richmond, VA
USDA Zone 7

Basic human psychology is one of my subroutines.