Old 05-02-2006, 05:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Natty Dread

Default Multicolored butterfly bush?

My landscape guy just planted a butterfly bush in my yard that supposedly
blooms purple, white and yellow. I've never actually seen one and would like
to have an idea of what it will look like in full bloom, but the only pics I
can find online of are single-colored bushes (mostly purple and pink). Can
anyone point me to a Web site that might have a photo of the multicolored
variety? Thanks in advance.

Rhonda
Richmond, VA
USDA Zone 7

**************
Basic human psychology is one of my subroutines.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

"Natty Dread" wrote in message

My landscape guy just planted a butterfly bush in my yard that
supposedly blooms purple, white and yellow. I've never actually
seen one and would like to have an idea of what it will look
like
in full bloom, but the only pics I can find online of are
single-colored bushes (mostly purple and pink). Can anyone
point
me to a Web site that might have a photo of the multicolored
variety? Thanks in advance.

I have seen advertisements for such a thing but be warned that
Butterfly Bush can be very invasive. It is best to yank it out
before your whole neighborhood is covered.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 06-02-2006, 01:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 23:36:59 GMT, "Travis M."
wrote:

"Natty Dread" wrote in message
om
My landscape guy just planted a butterfly bush in my yard that
supposedly blooms purple, white and yellow. I've never actually
seen one and would like to have an idea of what it will look
like
in full bloom, but the only pics I can find online of are
single-colored bushes (mostly purple and pink). Can anyone
point
me to a Web site that might have a photo of the multicolored
variety? Thanks in advance.

I have seen advertisements for such a thing but be warned that
Butterfly Bush can be very invasive. It is best to yank it out
before your whole neighborhood is covered.

You got that right! Been there, yanked out. If you do take
the leap, prune ruthlessly.

Persephone

--

A Remarkable coincidence!
This year, both Groundhog Day and the

Air America
Old 06-02-2006, 06:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
presley

I don't think this is a variety, but 3 different varieties of butterfly bush
which have been grafted together. They must graft quite low on the bush
though - because butterfly bush often dies back to 1 foot or so in hard
winters.
"Natty Dread" wrote in message
. ..
My landscape guy just planted a butterfly bush in my yard that supposedly
blooms purple, white and yellow. I've never actually seen one and would
like to have an idea of what it will look like in full bloom, but the only
pics I can find online of are single-colored bushes (mostly purple and
pink). Can anyone point me to a Web site that might have a photo of the
multicolored variety? Thanks in advance.

Rhonda
Richmond, VA
USDA Zone 7

Basic human psychology is one of my subroutines.

[IMG] code is On

Cantigny C Not-a-butterfly on the butterfly weed.JPG (1/1) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 27-07-2009 06:35 PM
Butterfly bush (Buddleia) how prune? - My Dilemma Ian Gardening 10 23-05-2003 02:32 AM
Question about Butterfly Bush Dan Gardening 0 02-05-2003 04:32 AM
Butterfly Bush AnnaTle Gardening 5 26-04-2003 02:08 AM
Cut Back Healthy Butterfly Bush? Fleemo Gardening 4 05-04-2003 06:20 PM