Old 06-02-2006, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

Default Basket size for ground cover rose Magic Carpet?

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 19:37:12 +0000, VX wrote
(in message m):

I want to grow the ground cover rose Magic Carpet in a hanging basket
(apparently some people do this). But I have no experience of hanging
baskets
and am having difficulty deciding what size basket to use.

Well I did the next best thing and called the nursery, who said an 18" basket
would be necessary. That's a very big basket. I also saw a 24" wall manger on
the web and tried to draw that to scale alongside the 18" round basket.
Looking at these objects drawn to scale, the 24" wall manger looks like it
holds more than the 18" round basket. So I've ordered the manger. Such is
life in the fast lane!
--
VX (remove alcohol for email)