Old 07-02-2006, 01:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

Default Growing an Avocoda Tree From Seed

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 19:22:51 GMT, Garrapata
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:44:51 GMT, "Bryan" wrote:

As explained in the article don;t expect fruit from a plant grown from
seed.

The article doesn't explain why you shouldn't expect fruit it juist
states that you shouldn't.

Providing you live in a climate that allows you to plant it outside in
the ground or have a large enough interior or greenhouse there is no
reason not to expect fruit. It may not have the size or quality of a
commercial variety but it should fruit.

It does. While my tree existed, the squirrels even let me have some
avocados -- once in a while. They were very good (the avocados, not
the squirrels).

Persephone

--

A Remarkable coincidence!