Old 07-02-2006, 12:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

Default Kew Monocotyledon checklist

I use this site all the time for checking spelling, finding synonyms, etc.
Of course you need to remember that this is the opinion of one group of
taxonomists, so you may occasionally run across things accepted under
different names (and maybe even different spelling) than you are used to.
Despite any imperfections the RBG web site is by far the easiest and most
complete reference for orchid names.
-danny

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
The wonderfully useful web site, sponsored by the Royal Botanic Gardens
(Kew Gardens) has recently had a facelift.

http://www.kew.org/wcsp/home.do

It is now easier to use to find accepted names, references and synonyms
but they have also added a very useful link to Google images.

Just look up a species and you can get instant access to many photos of
the species by clicking on the Google picture link - no more misspelt
searches!

Cheers

John

--