Old 08-02-2006, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos

Default Kew Monocotyledon checklist

Pity. Like all nationalities they are being a bit parochial.

I have compared searches using both engines on a random sample of orchid
names and the UK site gives fewer results (as you would expect) but the
first ones seem the same for both searches which is probably enough if you
just want to see what the flower looks like.
If one doesn't get any hits a full Google search is easily done.

Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
John,

Thanks for the info! That's quite nice.

I did notice that they are querying google.co.uk and not the bigger
google.com.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
The wonderfully useful web site, sponsored by the Royal Botanic Gardens
(Kew Gardens) has recently had a facelift.

http://www.kew.org/wcsp/home.do