Old 02-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Jack

Default Salix Caprea Kilmarnock

Would the rust fungus affect the production of the "pussies"? Last year,
the willow was plagued with rust and mildew, and spraying didn't have much
effect. I've decided that if the tree doesn't give pussies this year then
I'm chucking it out because it's more trouble than it's worth (and not
particularly attractive when covered in rust and mildew).

Thanks.

"AWM" wrote in message
Kilmarnock willows are very prone to rust type fungus which is harboured

in
the central crown it isn't really poosible to get rid of it but you can
control it by spraying. I always spray regularly and prune back any

damaged
diseased or over long branches. in autumm