Old 02-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Kay Easton

Default Eucomis bicolor

In article , K
writes

I recently bought a pack of 2 of these bulbs at my local GC and there's not
a lot of info with them. I intend to plant them in a container. Does
anyone have any tips please?

IME they're fairly straightforward. I grow them with the tips just
touching the surface of the soil, and they just grow. They will divide,
so you get more and more of them. Once you have more than you can cope
with, it's worth trying one or two outside in warm spots where they're
sheltered over winter, otherwise, you'll need to bring them indoors over
winter.

They floor quite late in the summer, and flowers and seed stage are both
decorative so they give a display over a long period.

They're quite good slug food, though hippeastrums are preferred.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/