Old 02-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Cerumen

Default growing mushrooms in the greenhouse

"Pat & Pete" wrote in message
H E L P Has anyone grown mushrooms in a greenhouse? I purchased some
seeds today and dont know what to do with them.

I have with great success, the secret seems to be getting the compost
right. I found organic wheat straw that I used as poultry bedding and
composted then treated with (?gypsum, I'm not sure now?) to bring down the
acidity worked fine when laced with spores and used in tomato plant
trenches in the greenhouse. I could pick fresh tomatoes and mushrooms at
the same time. The tomatoes depleted the richness of the compost and then
the mushrooms just sprang up like..eeeerrr... mushrooms.
Email me if you have more questions.
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork