Old 02-03-2003, 08:39 PM

Default growing mushrooms in the greenhouse

Hello...I've never tried it in a greenhouse, but I've just bought a
mushroom
kit from Homebase for £5 which includes everything

I tried these a couple of times. I got a few mushrooms to grow, but not a
great success. So, I tried again and this time I emptied the contents of the
pack into my elec propagator. Got a great crop!

I've now seen mushroom plugs for sale which are hammered into fresh-cut logs
and then put out in a shady area in the garden and kept moist. I thought it
would go well in my damp fern patch. Supposedly, the thing keeps producing
mushrooms for years. You can buy the plugs, or the complete log pre-filled
with plugs. Anyone tried these?

Best,

- h