Old 03-03-2003, 11:20 AM
jrbuk

Default water pump for patio draining

"andyp" wrote in message
Would anyone like to proffer an opinion on the type of water pump best
suited to pumping surface water from a patio. We have a soak away but in

the
worst downpours, and when we clean with the pressure washer, the puddle

can
remain for several hours and leaves a nasty tide mark as it dries.

I am hoping that there is a small pump which I can just place in the

deepest
part of puddle and it leave running for a few minutes draining the water
through a hose to a suitable part of the garden.

TIA
AndyP

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates

Try Machine Mart

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g=122&r=2163

If you ring your local branch they'll advise. They have a technical
helpline which I found useful. From my own experience I would recommend
that you have a small pit in which you completely submerge the pump rather
than try a "puddle" pump which sits on the surface and probably won't
completely drain the area. I think submersing the pump means less chance
of priming problems too. A float is well worth the small extra cost.