Old 03-03-2003, 10:14 AM
andyp

Default water pump for patio draining

Would anyone like to proffer an opinion on the type of water pump best
suited to pumping surface water from a patio. We have a soak away but in the
worst downpours, and when we clean with the pressure washer, the puddle can
remain for several hours and leaves a nasty tide mark as it dries.

I am hoping that there is a small pump which I can just place in the deepest
part of puddle and it leave running for a few minutes draining the water
through a hose to a suitable part of the garden.

TIA
AndyP

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates

Old 03-03-2003, 11:20 AM
jrbuk

"andyp" wrote in message
Would anyone like to proffer an opinion on the type of water pump best
suited to pumping surface water from a patio. We have a soak away but in

the
worst downpours, and when we clean with the pressure washer, the puddle

can
remain for several hours and leaves a nasty tide mark as it dries.

I am hoping that there is a small pump which I can just place in the

deepest
part of puddle and it leave running for a few minutes draining the water
through a hose to a suitable part of the garden.

TIA
AndyP

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates

Try Machine Mart

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g=122&r=2163

If you ring your local branch they'll advise. They have a technical
helpline which I found useful. From my own experience I would recommend
that you have a small pit in which you completely submerge the pump rather
than try a "puddle" pump which sits on the surface and probably won't
completely drain the area. I think submersing the pump means less chance
of priming problems too. A float is well worth the small extra cost.

Old 03-03-2003, 02:31 PM
andyp

thanks, they seem to be what I was think of. I can see the sense in sinking
the pump. This would be quite easy to do as I have a soak away already with
a drain cover on it.

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above

Old 04-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Chris Hogg

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:14:39 -0000, "andyp" wrote:

Would anyone like to proffer an opinion on the type of water pump best
suited to pumping surface water from a patio. We have a soak away but in the
worst downpours, and when we clean with the pressure washer, the puddle can
remain for several hours and leaves a nasty tide mark as it dries.

I am hoping that there is a small pump which I can just place in the deepest
part of puddle and it leave running for a few minutes draining the water
through a hose to a suitable part of the garden.

TIA
AndyP

You could try a s/h VAX

--