Old 03-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Eucomis bicolor

"K" wrote in message

I recently bought a pack of 2 of these bulbs at my local GC and there's

not
a lot of info with them. I intend to plant them in a container. Does
anyone have any tips please?

One of my favourite plants :~) I plant about 6" deep outside (below the

frost line) they appear in a rush 1st of June, which is quite late but are
still looking good in November, they are gross feeders and if growing in
pots repot each February before the new roots form (my potted ones live
under the bench untill the shoots appear) They are pollinated by flys hence
the not nice smell!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk