Old 03-03-2003, 06:24 PM

Default Eucomis bicolor

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
:
: "K" wrote in message
: ...
:
: I recently bought a pack of 2 of these bulbs at my local GC and there's
: not
: a lot of info with them. I intend to plant them in a container. Does
: anyone have any tips please?
:
: K
:
: One of my favourite plants :~) I plant about 6" deep outside (below the
: frost line) they appear in a rush 1st of June, which is quite late but are
: still looking good in November, they are gross feeders and if growing in
: pots repot each February before the new roots form (my potted ones live
: under the bench untill the shoots appear) They are pollinated by flys
hence
: the not nice smell!
:
: --
: Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
: http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
: Holders of National Plant Collection of Clematis viticella (cvs)

Thanks to all for the advice, I shall be planting them tomorrow in a pot -
definitely to be kept outside for the summer!!

:
: