Old 04-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Mike

Default Can I chop height off: (1) gum tree (2) leylandii

In article , Rosie
writes
Hello,

I have about 80 foot of gum tree/eucalyptus - if I chop half the height off,
will it continue to grow upwards okay?

I also have three leylandii which are about 100 foot - if I chop half the
height of these, will they continue to grow okay?

I am getting a tree surgeon in for this of course, I am not going to attempt
it myself with scissors or anything, but I want to make sure he answers
correctly.

Thanks!
ROSIE

I have read reports on here that if you trim a Leylandii back to the
trunk/bare branch it won't grow green stuff again. This was just after I
had taken one right back to said trunk and bare branches :-((

2 months later growing the green stuff and now a lovely screen again
:-))

Mike

http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd

Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.