Old 09-02-2006, 05:20 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

Default Heirloom tomatoes

Cindy, I'll be trying several heirlooms this year (in San Antonio)
that I haven't tried before, including two types of Brandywines.
And here's a tomato I couldn't resist trying, even though it's a
hybrid. I found it in the Mid-Season section of tomatogrowers.com:

"Solar Set VFF Hybrid #3567 (30 seeds) $2.95
A heat-tolerant variety developed by the University of Florida.
Sets fruit well even in high temperatures (92 degree day; 72 degree
night) and high humidity. Because there is such good set, plants
yield very large amounts of fruit. Bright red tomatoes are 8 to 9
ozs. with a delicious, full tomato flavor. Great for a fall crop in
areas where weather permits. Determinate. 70 days."

David

I have two types also. Yellow and purple, I think.
Solar Set sounds interesting! Let us know how it does.

Cindy